Our dynamic curriculum has been developed from three key areas ensuring every child receives a well rounded education that is not just academic.
There is no right or wrong way to learn and what works for some children won’t necessarily work for others. At our school we have an envious staff to pupil ratio allowing us to treat every child as a true individual, adapting our teaching methods to meet their needs. Our modern society places great emphasis only on targets and grades. However, we believe every child is unique and all possess their own talents. Some will grow up to be Doctors, and Engineers, whilst others will become great Chefs, Musicians and Artists. All very different but equally as important, as without one our modern society would cease to exist. We believe by focusing on the positives and nurturing our children they will discover their own talents, and with our support they will have the confidence to say ‘I CAN do that’.
The National Curriculum
The National Curriculum combines core & foundations subjects.
• Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
These core subjects are supported by a range of foundation subjects such as:
• Design and Technology
• Arts & Music
• Personal, Social, Health & Economic (PSHE)
• Religious Education (RE)
• Physical Education (PE)
• Modern Foreign Language (MFL)
Empowering our children with a strong foundation of transferable skills which will give them the confidence to face our competitive modern world.
• To be kind and caring
• The ability to work and play with others
• The ability and confidence to work alone
• To develop an awareness, understanding and acceptance of the beliefs, feelings customs and practices of others
• To develop the confidence to lead others making informed decisions and choices
• To become inquisitive, determined and able to work independently through self-motivation
• The ability to problem solve and prioritise
• To be creative through music, art, design,
construction, gymnastics and dance
• To persevere in the face of adversity
Personal and Social Care
A well rounded education is not just about words and numbers it is about developing each individual person, giving them the confidence and encouragement to grow and achieve their goals in life.
It’s about promoting a healthy lifestyle and ensuring
any life forming habits are positive ones resulting in
children who will be:
• Happy with secure morals
• Make healthy life style choices
• Safe and able to manage risk
• Able to deal with emotions
• Cheerful in their out look
• Prepared for economic well-being
• Fulfilled from learning and achieving
• Confident with a positive self awareness
• Self assured self image