Who We Are

Our beautiful school is one of the oldest in the village, and has been a prominent part of village life for 150 years. The original school was built in 1871 in Orrell Lane and was intended to accommodate around two hundred pupils. Built using traditional building materials, many of the schools original features are still visible today. The two original buildings (Hall and Infants) were for a period of time, two schools – an infants’ and a juniors’ with two Head teachers. Over the years additional buildings were added until eventually the schools reunited. Working as one, the school has continued to evolve and improve over the years. Continuing to nurture links with the village and surrounding areas resulting in the wonderful school we are so proud of today.

Comments are closed.